Download Sample Chapter of The Thyroid Cure by Clicking Here
Thank you for downloading Chapter 6 of The Thyroid Cure: Reframe the Autoimmune Process
In this sample from the chapter, I discuss
- Is the Autoimmune Process a Condition or a Disease?
- Stress and the Autoimmune Process
- Examples of the many forms of stress that can help trigger the autoimmune process
- Epigenetics: Your Genes are Not Your Destiny!
It’s important to “reframe the autoimmune process” to understand why this process is reversible and healing possible!
Here is a list of the kinds of stress that can affect autoimmunity that are mentioned in the chapter and covered in The Thyroid Cure:
- Acute stress in any form (psychological and physical) can cause a rise in the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol, which suppress T-cell activity. This is why you may catch a cold after a stressful event.
- Chronic stress in any form can cause adrenal fatigue, which causes the hormones cortisol, adrenaline and norepinephrine to become depleted. This can allow immune system T-cells to get out of control, resulting in inflammation and an imbalance between T-cells and B-cells.
- Chronic stress can impair methylation, which can suppress T-cell production. Impaired methylation of T-cells may be involved in the production of autoantibodies.
- Chronic infectious stress can cause both B-cells and T-cells to be overproduced resulting in autoimmunity.
- Gastrointestinal stress, perhaps caused by parasites, yeast or an overgrowth of bad bacteria, affects all the cells of your immune system, and disrupts the balance between T-regulator cells and Th1 and Th2 cells.
- Food allergies and sensitivities, for instance to gluten, can cause Bcells to be overproduced, which may result in an accidental attack on healthy tissues.
- Nutrient deficiency is a form of stress that can be at the root of an autoimmune response; for instance, selenium and iodine deficiencies have been found to cause thyroid inflammation, thus driving up the production of T-cells and B-cells.
- Exposure to heavy metals can cause both T-cells and B-cells to be overproduced.
- Certain medications and vaccinations can be “antigenic,” which means that the body produces antibodies to the substance, thus initiating an immune response. In some cases this can trigger an autoimmune response.
- Literally thousands of environmental toxins from cleaning products and pesticides to dry cleaning fluids and plastics can become antigenic and trigger an autoimmune condition.
My book reveals the truth about mysterious diseases such as autoimmunity, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, and identifies the quickest path to recovery.
If you have been diagnosed with a chronic inflammatory or autoimmune condition, you don’t have to suffer from a mysterious “incurable” disease. My book, websites and programs will help you understand what’s making you sick and will empower you to take your health into your own hands.
You CAN cure your condition and heal your life!